Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Friday, June 29, 2012

Discovering Jurassic Pards


One of the joys of concert watching, especially in the local concert scene, is that I get to discover new acts whom I've never heard of before.  It kinda takes me out of my comfort zone, especially if the act that I discover plays something which is not normally in my pop-filled countdown.

One of those acts is local hard metal band Jurassic Pards!  They're such a joy to watch!  The night we watched them in B-Side at the Collective in Makati, the lead singer wore a jeepney sign saying Alabang Sucat and wore this really large dark-rimmed glasses, a really nice green jacket and a cap.  And I think the band used a special microphone since they really sounded awesome!  I mean, you can really hear the lyrics of their song!  Grabe!!  

And the lead singer's voice was topnotch!  Talagang shriek kung shriek!  And he played with his voice too producing some 'sound effects'.  Admittedly, both Mahtab and I became their fans that night!  To think they were the first band to perform pa ha!  Although they only played about four songs to a very sparse audience - kami lang at ni Mahtab ang audience dun that night - it was a worthy effort kasi they made some new fans kahit papano!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment