Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Monday, June 18, 2012

Rocking with Robin Nievera, Chris Cantada, Jurassic Pards and Giniling Festival








Anyone who says OPM is 'naghihingalo' should go out more and seek out clubs and bars where true OPM talent plays! I admit I am a belated fan of OPM mainly because I was a 'charts' guy and I only discovered the Myx OPM Countdown two years ago! Que horror! So it was only last year din that I decided to watch the gigs of the bands I liked. They're not exactly household names yet (I think you'd have to be an ABS-CBN or GMA talent to be one, nowadays) but talent-wise and music-wise - they are as creative as the new music that I listen to from all over the world.

So yesterday, after I got notice here in FB that Chris Cantada had a gig in B-Side, I decided to drag my friend Mahtab to come with me. My only other gig experience in a local bar last year with Eevee, Ajka and Letter Day Story was a lot of fun as I got to interact with the band members! This time though, I only got some photo ops since there weren't many people in the bar!! Harang!!

The good thing was, it actually felt like a private show!! Parang birthday ko lang!! Without my rowdy friends! Both Mahtab and I enjoyed the music of both Chris and Robin and we were also happy to discover the music of two bands - Giniling Festival and Jurassic Pards!! I mean, we were like seven only in the audience, but these two bands performed like we were 1 thousand screaming fans! Such professionalism and dedication to their craft. A lesser artist would've just given a B-show but these guys gave their A-performance - screaming fans or none! They really got my respect in that aspect.

Oh well, I'll still be using FB to prowl for gigs from my other new favorite OPM acts. Sana lang wag mag-conflict with my 'other' events. Luke Mejares' show kasi will conflict with my Wimbledon - sayang.....oh well.....ganyan talaga buhay.....
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment