Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Monday, September 3, 2012

Ray - The Amazing Journey of Ray Charles

I was not able to watch the theatrical release of Ray - the Oscar-winning movie about the singer Ray Charles.  I'm not even sure if it was released here in the Philippines.  Anyway, I finally saw the movie today in HBO and I was immediately hooked - considering that I was not even able to begin it.

I like the way how Taylor Hackford, the director of the movie, presented his life story.  He showed both the positive and the negative ways of the singer and all his travails as a struggling piano man.  Jamie Foxx truly deserved his Oscar Best Actor award as he completely disappeared into the role - you see Ray Charles, you don't see Jamie Foxx doing an impersonation of the legendary singer.

For first timers who are not familiar with Mr. Robinson's music, the movie's songs should set the tone as it introduces all the legendary work of Ray.  I only knew now that the introductory song in Kanye West's hit was actually Ray Charles!

I was very much inspired by the movie, truly!  I love how Ray's mother inspired him and taught him to take care of himself - and not to see himself as someone useless.

 
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment