Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Unfair Competition From Foreign Singers

 I agree with some points being raised by the writer and I believe foreign acts especially of musicals should be classified as singers and not only as actors, to protect our local actors guilds.  They do the same thing in the US and the UK, so it's just par for course here.

Also, this article got me thinking as to how to budget 50% of my concert budget on local artists!  Really very difficult to do haha since I watch so many foreign acts.  I computed how much I spent this year, and it's a very lopsided 95% to 5% ratio with the former being for foreign acts.

But, I can still change that, and I will consciously change that.  I do spend a lot already for local classical artists like the Philippine Philharmonic Orchestra and our opera singers.  I think I can do the same for the concert acts.  

Unfair competition

No comments:

Post a Comment