Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Sunday, December 30, 2012

My Ten Favorite Songs of 2012: #1 Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe



Oh boy, was I so glad to have discovered this song two months before it exploded here in Manila - where everyone made their own parodies of the song!  I think I first heard the song the first week of March when all the concerts were in full swing here in Manila!  I guess the song stuck because it just stood out from all the other songs that I was listening too at that time!  Around this time, mellow music was ruling my personal countdown - with Ed Sheeran's Lego House, Gotye's Somebody That I Used to Know and Evanescence's Swimming Home, my playlist favorites and add to that the playlists of all the artists who were coming in!

Then this bubbly song came!  I was so hooked on it I did my own parodies of it in the privacy of my own room!  I even used it as the first song during the FABE fashion show last March and well, there was still no reaction even from the young models.  It was THAT new to them!!

Of course, about a month later, everyone's FB and Twitter were just raving about the song.  Thank God I discovered it much earlier, otherwise, I hate listening to 'gasgas' songs - and this one - like Psy's Gangnam Style - are the two super gasgas songs of 2012.  The only reason I love them to bits is that I discovered them way before the masses did - and that made all the difference.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment