Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Concert Review: Double Treat with Evanescence and Bush



















It was a double treat for rock fans last night as Evanescence and Bush played solid drivin' rock music at the Araneta Coliseum.

Things started early, as Bush opened the show with Machinehead by 8:30PM.  The coliseum was not as full as that of Avril's, maybe around 60%, but it's a respectable number considering how many shows there were to choose from this Valentine's season!  I've always had a crush on Gavin Rossdale since before so it was great to finally see him perform live.  Apparently, the band had already broken up but regrouped last year to record a new album and voila, they are now on tour!  Which is just as well as you can see from the audience's reaction last night, that they still had fans.

I'm sure everyone's favorite moment was when Gavin went into the audience and got as high up as the Upper Box A crowd.  He even passed a few rows before me but there were grills and it was impossible to leave the seat to get a better picture. Well, his going around the coliseum was certainly a surprise!

Well, the band played some songs which I wasn't familiar with but they included my favorite, The Chemicals Between Us.  I only remember two hits from the band, Glycerine and Comedown, and they played both too, towards the end of their set.

After the Bush set, Evanescence followed 30 minutes later, opening their set with What You Want - one of my favorite songs from their new self-titled album.  My most favorite though is Swimming Home, which they did with an accompanying cellist!  They also did My Heart is Broken, Made of Stone, The Change, The Other Side, Lost in Paradise and Sick.

As expected, the crowd went wild when they did their hits, starting early with Going Under.  Towards the end of the show, they also did Call Me When You'r Sober and Bring Me To Life, which the audience sang along with, unsurprisingly.  The Evanescence set was further enhanced by the lights which changed constantly, so that the lighting of the band's name as their background would change as the show progressed, from dark blues, to green to yellow and even purple!

Well, they did an encore, with My Immortal and I choked in the middle of the song while singing along with them!  I guess I remembered someone in my past life, knowing that this song used to be special to me - but that was more than 10 years ago already.

Amy Lee came out all dressed in black and you can really appreciate her effort since some of her songs have high notes, and sometimes, she wasn't successful in reaching it.  As expected, when she spoke, her voice sounded raspy and gravel-ly, but she was very thankful for the experience of playing here and did not hesitate to egg the audience on to sing along with her.


After the show, I met up with my classmate from Spanish class, Marez, who came with her partner and his daughter and we posed for a picture.  Too bad they didn't sell any shirts or merchandise.  It would've been cool to have some!
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Saw Bush and Seether in concert in Rochester, MN last night. They put on a great show. Seether did a set of all their biggest hits and the newer "Country Song". Just go my bush tickets to attend them alive nd mix of older hits and a few from their new album.

    I hear they are heading to Omaha for a concert tonight. I recommend seeing it if you like their music. It was a blast!

    ReplyDelete