Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Album Review: Now A Fan of Avril Lavigne's Goodbye Lullaby


Ok, ok, it took me sometime to like her latest work.  Truth is, when I heard the first single, What The Hell, I turned away almost immediately and judged her whole album as middling.  But thanks to the live show here last week, I gave her latest album a spin and voila, I discovered several gems which has really grown on me these past few weeks!  They have even entered My Personal Top 10 list of the week!  I am not surprised anymore why she released those songs, they were actually the strongest songs from the album. I guess some of the fans turned away a bit since there was less angst in this album - and for the first time - Avril is actually happy - and she sings about it here! 

So here are my five favorite songs from her Goodbye Lullaby album -

#1 Push - still my favorite song from this album up to now.  I guess because it's also the one that sounds closest lyrically to her previous hits.


#2 Smile - this song kinda grew on me, the moreso when I heard it live! #3 I Love You - another song of hers which really grew on me! the more I listen to it, the more I like its positive vibe! #4 Wish You Were Here - actually, this is the song I can most relate it - and Avril sings it so earnestly! #5 What the Hell - the song I used to not like is in the list! Well, I realized later on how kooky and quirky this song was - not really a departure from what Avril has done in the past! Really, what the hell!!

No comments:

Post a Comment