Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Concert Review: Hanging On A Moment with Lifehouse



I didn't know until tonight that Lifehouse had so many minor hits which the local fans really like! I did download the setlist to their concert tonight, but hearing it live and just hearing it on the Ipod are two totally different experiences. Once the band started playing them, it was like the song came to life and had a life of its own - mainly because last night's audience sang along to many - yes, many of Lifehouse's songs! This was a truly dedicated fanbase! I was actually surprised to see a sizeable crowd for a band that hasn't had a US Top 40 hit, well, even a local hit for almost 7 years! Well, I wanted to sing but I couldn't - my throat and voice has not been cooperating this week so I've been sounding really hoarse these past few days.

One thing we didn't like though was that Dayly Entertainment did not use the overhead screen! Dyahe talaga! Us, poor souls in the Upper Boxes and Gen Ad could only see ants. It's strange because every other concert in Araneta this year HAD USED THAT screen - at the same ticket prices! Oh well, I may have to message Dayly Entertainment personally to tell them about this complaint.

As for the show, we certainly enjoyed it, even without any big screen. The band's lead singer still sounded so good, and I'm sure he was impressed with the audience singing along to many of their hits. They did play a few songs from their latest CD, Smoke and Mirrors and they were well-received - All In, Here Tomorrow Gone Today, Halfway Gone - among them. They played Everything, twice, once in the acoustic set and as their final encore song.

As for me, I loved The First Time, Broken, Wash, Storm and Breathing (pretty sort versions though for both) and Hanging On A Moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment