Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Monday, January 3, 2011

Grammys 2011 Focus: Rod Stewart's The Great American Songbook: Volume V




Nominee: Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album:  Rod Stewart - The Great American Songbook Volume V

I've always been wary of artists mining traditional pop songs, especially aging rockers like Rod Stewart, but he really does sound fantastic here. I am thinking of buying all five albums in this series! I know people might say he's selling himself out - but the response of the public has been very positive - and Rod does really sound good! I think I'll start with this album first since Clive Davis says, this one is more uptempo, compared to the other earlier ones. This is actually the perfect gift for my Mama. She will really love this! Listen to his version of "I've Got You Under My Skin" and wonder no more why he deserves to snag this nomination! -


No comments:

Post a Comment