Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Grammys 2011: My Vote For Record of the Year



It's great to see that the current Grammy voters have decided to nominate very current songs in this category this year. I am actually surprised that they also nominated certified hits! 'Nothin' On You', 'Love the Way You Lie' and 'Empire State of Mind' were #1 hits. 'Need You Now' peaked at #2 while 'F*** You' reached the Top 10. It used to be that they called the Grammys, the Grannys; but this year, their choices are as hip as ever!

Anyhow, most of the nominees for Record of the Year this year are hiphop or R&B songs and only one country nominee. My vote goes to Lady Antebellum's 'Need You Now'. I've always liked their songs, and last year, "I Turn to You' was my second most favorite song of the year! They have really made many fans now, including many among the Grammy voters!

No comments:

Post a Comment