Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Monday, April 4, 2011

My Five Favorite Burt Bacharach Songs #5 - On My Own by Patti Labelle and Michael McDonald



Of course, there has to be a Burt Bacharach song for my generation - and it's not 'That's What Friends Are For' that I like.  Well, I like that song but not enough to land in my Top 5 list.

This song introduced me to the vast talent of Patti Labelle and that wonderful voice of hers.  I was in second year high school when this song hit #1 and I remember it was summer.  Of course, at that time, I could not yet relate to the song since it talked of divorce and separation.  I just appreciated the song because two wonderful singers sang it.  I was already familiar with Michael McDonald at that time since he was with the Doobie Brothers and they had hits in the early 80s.

No comments:

Post a Comment