Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Album Review: Cueshe's Life

'Pangako' was the song that introduced me to the group and because of that, I decided to get hold of the band's CD, Life.  The album has a very good collection of songs and it's actually rare for me to like most of the songs of an album, but Life has good songs from beginning till the last track.  However, if I were to choose the five songs to release from this album, I would choose the following (Pangako was already released so, I will choose five not-yet-released songs from this album) -

1.  Damage -  I don't know why but after repeated playing of this album, this was the song that I was singing along with!  Don't know if it's the LSS or the catchy chorus that goes "Find your way back home, find your way! / Coz I'll be here for you, I'm here for you".  So I think this should be their next release.

2.  Lupit - this is a beautiful power ballad which should nicely follow their first two fast rock releases.  I like the way they blend their voices in the chorus.

3.  Tara Na - another ballad to follow up another ballad.  Why not?  This is another cool ballad from the band and it showcases their guitar skills and powerful vocals.

4.  Sana - vintage rockin' Cueshe, a good follow up after a power ballad

5.  Sweet Surrender -  I was thinking of choosing the most out of place song in this album and this is the one I can think off.  I think it's the hard-driving guitars. Anyhow, I feel the last single released from an album should be the most off kilter one so that the fans or newfound fans can be excited again by the next release. 

It was really difficult to choose those five since really, all the songs in this album are very good!  Shows you how talented this guys are.  They definitely don't do fillers!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment