Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Friday, April 15, 2011

Poom Prommachart Performs Rach Before Appreciative Manila Crowd



Well, I think this will be one of the first classical music videos I'm posting in my music blog. I do listen to classical music and watch classical concerts. It's a beautiful and rewarding experience to watch one of these things and last night, I got the opportunity to see in person, one of the upcoming young pianists in the classical world, Poom Prommachart, who did a difficult piece - Rachmaninov's Piano Concerto No. 3 in his show at the Cultural Center of the Philippines, here in Manila, where he performed alongside the Philippine Philharmonic Orchestra, under the baton of Olivier Ochanine.

Poom is also a piano competition winner and this video shows his winning form during the Isidor Bajic Piano Competition in Serbia. Well, he certainly looked more confident last night and more commanding in his performance. I guess winning these competition does boost one's belief in oneself and just allows one's creative juices to flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment