Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Monday, April 25, 2011

My American Idol Top 10 Songs: #10 Kris Allen - Live Like We're Dying



I just watched an interview with Fantasia on Oprah today and I got to thinking, what are my all-time favorite songs sung by an American Idol finalist or champion. I was thinking first of a Top 5 list but I realized that my shortlist reached 16 songs - and that's only those that come on top of my head! So eventually, I extended the list to 10. These AI alumni really had a lot of hits and some good songs.

Unfortunately, you won't find any Kelly Clarkson, Daughtry, or David Cook songs here although some of their songs reached the shortlist. None of them just reached my personal Top 10.

I tend to gravitate though to pop songs so most of the songs in the list are in that mold.

My #10 favorite Idol song is this awkwardly titled song from AI winner Kris Allen, 'Live Like We're Dying'. I actually haven't seen him perform during the duration of his competition since the last idol I watched was when Carrie Underwood won. I just tuned out after that. Anyhow, doesn't stop me from liking this song. I like the staccato way he sings the chorus - I guess that's the attraction to this song.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment