Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Monday, April 4, 2011

My Five Favorite Burt Bacharach Songs #1 - This Guy's In Love With You by Herb Alpert



I discovered Herb Alpert in 1987, when he collaborated with Janet Jackson on the Top 10 hit Diamonds.  I learned later on that he was already an accomplished musician and performer with a slew of hits that date back into the 60's. 

Anyhow, since Burt Bacharach returns to the UK Top 10 album charts this week, with his collaboration with Ronan Keating, When Ronan Met Burt, I decided to make a rundown of my favorite songs penned by him.

This is my most favorite of all.  The collaboration is fantastic since it combines Herb's trumpet playing prowess with the beautiful lyrics penned by Burt.  Melody and lyrics - wunderbar!

No comments:

Post a Comment