Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Friday, April 8, 2011

My Britney Spears Top 5 - #1 - 'Toxic'



One of the categories that I closely watch everytime the Grammy Awards comes around is Best Dance Recording - and in 2003, I fully agreed with the academy, when they voted this song as the winner!  The song is 'Toxic' and it came from her 'In the Zone' album.

I think it's the best work Britney has ever done!  In my opinion, this song was a turning point in her music, as she veered away from 'cutesy' tunes which peppered her early work and signalled to her producers and fans that she was ready for a more mature sounding type of music.  After this she ventured into this type of hyperkinetic dance music, which suits her voice very well!  Most of her later work are mere sound-alikes of this classic, but I won't be surprised if she will collaborate again with another talented producer in the future and bring change to her current pop sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment