Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Friday, February 4, 2011

Grammys 2011: My Vote for Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals

This is a new category in my book but I think it's good that they have this category now since collaborations have become the name of the game since the early 2000's.  For this year, the nominees include two veterans - Elton John (with Leon Russell) and Herbie Hancock (with India Arie and Seal); and two hot acts - Paramore (with B.O.B. and Eminem) and Lady Gaga (with Beyonce).  However, for this category, my vote goes to the summer hit, California Gurls, as performed by Katy Perry and Snoop Dogg.  It's my favorite among the nominees, and it was a clever ploy for Katy's team to invite Snoop Dogg to add the rap part. His part really gave the song it's California vibe!

No comments:

Post a Comment