Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Remembering Teena Marie



While I was watching this year's Grammy Awards, I saw the name of Teena Marie among those artists they were bidding goodbye too. I learn later on that she passed away last December 26. She was 54.

I remember Teena Marie mainly because of her Top 10 hit, Lovergirl. Her music was very similar to Prince and she was not shy in singing those sexy lyrics. Also, she had a lot of airplay from R&B stations, considering that she was white! Not that it really matters nowadays, but back in 1985, things were still a bit different.

As I give Lovergirl another play right now, I realize that it really is a funky song - something that Prince could possibly concoct.

No comments:

Post a Comment