Nuffnang Leaderboard
Looking For An Artist?
Popular Posts This Week
-
Ed Kowalczyk, former lead singer of Live, will have a concert here this Saturday, April 28, with the band, Vertical Horizon. This will, ...
-
Tony Award winner Idina Menzel has one top 10 hit in the US. 2014 - Let It Go (#5)
-
The rapper Wale has one hit in My Weekly Top 10 countdown. 2017 - Colombia Heights (with J. Balvin) (#6) Here's the video of the so...
-
Oh my God!! This is my most favorite video this year simply because of its message of tolerance. Thanks Marsha for spreading this message...
-
This video was taken in one of Jann Arden's concerts in Canada and it shows her fantastic sense of humor and her ability to self-deprec...
-
After a seven year absence from the UK Top 10 , reggae dance hall performer, Sean Paul returns with She Doesn't Mind , his e...
-
Luke Mejares has one top 10 hit in my OPM countdown. 2014 - Strange Flower (with True Faith, Carlo Magno, Ryan Armamento) (#5)
-
Well, just something for you to drool on while you're sucking on that lollipop. Even in his 30's, Joey McInt...
-
Thanks to Body Jam 73, the American-Canadian DJ duo of Duck Sauce gets their second #1 song in my personal countdown, as NRG, moves to ...
-
Josh Groban has eight top ten hits in My Weekly Top 10 countdown. Four of them went all the way to #1. 2002 - To Where You Are (#7) 2...
Thursday, February 24, 2011
Remembering Teena Marie
While I was watching this year's Grammy Awards, I saw the name of Teena Marie among those artists they were bidding goodbye too. I learn later on that she passed away last December 26. She was 54.
I remember Teena Marie mainly because of her Top 10 hit, Lovergirl. Her music was very similar to Prince and she was not shy in singing those sexy lyrics. Also, she had a lot of airplay from R&B stations, considering that she was white! Not that it really matters nowadays, but back in 1985, things were still a bit different.
As I give Lovergirl another play right now, I realize that it really is a funky song - something that Prince could possibly concoct.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment