Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Five Songs I Would Release in 'Evanescence'



#1 Swimming Home This is my most favorite song in the Evanescence album.  I wonder why the record company didn't bother to have this released as a single.  It's haunting, ambient, beautifully sung and if it did become a hit, I would've to share this song with millions of other people.  And I don't want that!
#2 What You Want This is the song that opens the album and it's a great hard-driving song which will be the second song I would release from the album. #3 My Heart is Broken I am not surprised why the record company chose this as the carrier single of their album. It's the song that sounded very close to their previous hits, thus making it accessible to their fans and non-fans. However, since it does sound like their earlier work, the song didn't quite interest me since I was expecting a departure from their previous sound, or at least minimal changes, so as to keep the band sounding fresh! #4 Erase This I love the frenetic piano playing in the start! There were actually five other songs vying for the last two slots but this won the fourth slot due to that fantastic piano playing! #5 Lost In Paradise This was the other song that trumped the other three songs for the last slot. It's a ballad and starts out soft in the beginning but rocks to the max as the song progresses.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment