Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Friday, October 1, 2010

Concert Review: John Mayer's Concert at MOA, October 1, 2010

It was the first concert I attended where we were forced to watch while it was raining!  It was a bit unfortunate that I did not bring any umbrella so I had to ask my driver to bring me one, and a change of clothing as well, since my shirt was splashed with water, from the tent, I was trying to seek cover from.  The show started at 9PM and I was inside a tent with a McDonald's stand behind me.  I had no choice.  At that point, my umbrella did not arrive yet.

Rain, nothwithstanding, it was quite an enjoyable show!  John did songs from all his four studio albums.  I guess he did that to please everyone.

Of course, this song, 'Your Body Is A Wonderland', done acoustically, was well-applauded by everyone!  Obviously, many of the fans tonight have his Room For Squares album!



Another well-applauded song was 'No Such Thing', still from Room For Squares. 



As for me, these were my favorite parts of the show -

Why Georgia Why - This was the sing-along part of the show that I really liked.  He sang this towards the end of the show.



Perfectly Lonely - I so love this song although the melody belies its rather very sad lyrics.  I was singing along to this already -



Heartbreak Warfare -  Another song from his latest album that I love very much!  He changed the version a bit but I still love it -



Finally, his encore song, surprisingly, was 'Edge of Desire', a song from his latest album, 'Battle Studies'.  I actually enjoyed it a  lot since I love this song!



I did not post Gravity or Slow Dancing in a Burning Room and his cover of a Bill Wither's song.  These parts were too lethargic for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment