Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Album Review: Kiss Jane - Free



The first time I heard their hit song 'Kahit Na' in the OPM Myx Countdown, I instantly became their fan!  The song was one of the best OPM pop songs I've heard in a long time and I even voted for the song in the Myx channel so that it'd have a longer chart life!  

I bought the CD a few weeks later, soon as it became available and I find the other songs to be quite consistent with their first single.  Breezy, light and fun and perfect for long drives - even drives along EDSA - because it kinda lightens your mood amidst the chaotic driving!  

Anyhow, the group has released 'Baliw' afterwards and I still continued to vote for that song till it fell off the Myx OPM Countdown charts.  There are several gems in their album and here are my five favorite songs aside from the two they just released.  They are ranked according to how much I like them with number one as the song I like the most -

1.  Minsan Lang - this is my favorite song from their album, I like the melody and the way she sings it with earnestness and longing

2.  Langit - another impressive tune from their album, a song I could've related to 15 years about being harassed at work and about having things going wrong around you, the imagery of the lyrics is perfect for a video!

3.  Mistakes - a song in their album which I could relate to - no one is really immune from making mistakes in love - and in a way, reminds me of Sheryl Crow's 'My Favorite Mistake', although this song has a more upbeat outlook to it

4.  Bituin - a standout track in their album - a retro song, if I may say, I felt they channeled  ethereal sound of Pinoy 70's disco music popularized by VST & Company, perfect for a video too, with maybe some creative 70's choreography and bell bottoms!

5.  Lagi - definitely one of the cooler songs in their album, a song which could actually describe their whole album - light, breezy and outstanding Pinoy pop

The other tracks that I did not mention are just as good and interesting, those five are just the ones I can relate to melodically and lyrically.

I haven't seen them play live yet so I don't know how compact they play but I'm very curious how they would bring these songs alive. Of course, that would be another review!

No comments:

Post a Comment