Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Don't Lose Hope With OPM Music - There's a Gold Mine Out There!



I am actually sad that local radio stations have to be prodded to play OPM (Original Pilipino Music) songs. Radio stations always lament that OPM is dying, but ever since I decided to actively listen to OPM through the MYX video channel, I realized that there was a wealth of music out there, original music, being created by today's Filipino musicians!  I could actually buy one OPM CD a week since there is so much music to be discovered yet!  I started listening last March 2010 only, and I already have the CDs of Dagtang Lason, a rap group; 6cyclemind, Kiss Jane, XLR8, Letter Day Story, Juris, and Aljur Abrenica.  And that's only scratching the surface!  If I had more budget, I will even buy more!! So OPM is not dead!  We just have to spread the word out there that there's a lot of good music to be discovered!  I really have to thank Myx video channel for opening my musical horizons!

No comments:

Post a Comment