Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Friday, July 6, 2012

My #1 to #5 Favorite OPM Songs of 2012 (As of June 30, 2012)

The first six months of 2012 has come and it's time once again to list down my ten favorite OPM songs of the year (as of June 30, 2012).  

This is the first of two parts, this one detailing my #1 to #5 favorite OPM songs, as yet, of 2012.
I have to advise you though that this is a running list and the song's position may change as 2012 progresses because new entries can come in.  Everything is subjective, really, and is just based on how much I really like (or liked) the song.


#1 Kamikazee - Halik

This song was a definite slow burn for me.  I didn't love it kaagad, but when I did, ayun, di ko na siya nabitawan.  I just love the lyrics and the intensity of how Jay sings the song!


#2 Pops Fernandez / Robin Nievera - Friends
It was the tailend of the Christmas season 2011 and I just bought a copy of Pops Fernandez's Silver album.  I listened to it through the week of New Year's 2012 and I discovered several gems from it.  This is my most favorite one - her duet with her son Robin Nievera, Friends


#3 Chris Cantada - Scarred

Another slow burn song - this one took almost two months languishing in my Ipod before I noticed how great it really was!  A gem of a pop song!



I love the album from which this song comes from.  I think it's the best work Christian has done ever since he started 10 years ago - I can say that because I've been a fan ever since he began his career!  His voice is earnest and clear, the songs, perfect for the age he's in!  He's blossoming into a true artist!


#5 Solenn Heusaff - It's Our First Time

Every year, there are songs which I call my guilty pleasures because they come from artists whom I wouldn't listen to normally, because they're fluffy or lightweight.  But all that is perception.  Yes, Solenn's music may be classified as fluffy or lightweight because that's exactly the image she's projecting!  She's not pretending to be like Cynthia Alexander or Asin.  Her foxy looks are just perfect for a sexy song like this - and Solenn does a fantastic job of breathing and heaving into this yeah, delightfully sinful song!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment