Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Concert Review: Gin Blossoms Sends Fans on a 90s Roadtrip



Being a chart geek that I am, it was impossible not to know the band Gin Blossoms since they did have a string of hits in the mid-90s, and although surprisingly, I don't have a single CD of the band, my knowledge of the band sprung from disparate songs where I don't even know from which albums they came from.


I was actually surprised that they came to the Philippines and I was even more surprised to see a sizeable crowd inside the Araneta Coliseum tonight! They have more fans than James Blunt and Jay Sean! Or maybe because their fans already have jobs now and can afford the price tickets, as opposed to Jay Sean, who may have a hit now at the local airwaves with 2012 but whose fans are teenyboppers who need Mom's approval for a ticket!


Unsurprisingly, the band sounds solid! From the beginning till their 3-song encore! It's actually obvious since if you browse Youtube, you'd see a lot of concert videos posted by their fans!


The local fans sang to many of their hits - I did most notably to 'Found Out About You', 'Allison Road', 'As Long As It Matters'. 'Hey Jealousy', and 'Until I Fall Away'. They did some songs from their latest CD, which does not veer far away from their trademark sound. Their three-song encore also shows how much they appreciated the crowd tonight. According to them, we were the friendliest crowd they ever had! Hmmm...well, knowing us, yeah, we really are!


I really enjoyed the show! Cha and I chose to stand up the whole time since I enjoy a show more if I'm dancing to the tunes, as opposed to be passively sitting. They did promise to come back, hoping the promoters would invite them again. Well, Boyzone and Dionne Warwick and Jojo and David Archuleta have been coming back here so I won't be surprised if they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment