Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Remembering Alistair Griffin



I was in Europe summer of 2003, so I was able to follow this show called Fame Academy. Among all the contestants in that reality show, it was Alistair Griffin whom I recall well. I don't remember voting for him but I was rooting for him to win. I don't think he did but he did make it to the three finalists. This song, Bring It On, was his first hit, and I eventually bought his CD while I was in London. He's back in the UK charts but just barely in the Top 40.

1 comment:

  1. Alistair was the eventual runner-up in a heavily-biased final, in which there were allegations of vote-rigging by the sponsoring record company. He is a genuine and accomplished singer-songwriter, unlike the winner, who was alleged to have written not more than one line of her 'self-penned' first hit. Alistair was championed by legend Robin Gibb, with whom he both dueted on 'My Lover's Prayer' and toured Germany.

    ReplyDelete