Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

We All Have Our Mandy's - Westlife and Barry Manilow



I was still a kid when this song became very popular in the late 70s. Of course, then, at the tender age of 4, I didn't yet realize what the song meant. Fast forward 24 years later, the song finally touched me since I met my own Mandy, whom I also sent away.

I was not surprised that Westlife remade this as ballads have often been their forte and bread and butter, so why not go with a classic like this. The song went to #1 in the UK, also, not a surprise. They made some slight changes in the latter part of the song, which was ok.

Below is the original version of Barry Manilow, which is hauntingly beautiful and sad!

No comments:

Post a Comment