Nuffnang Leaderboard
Looking For An Artist?
Popular Posts This Week
-
Ed Kowalczyk, former lead singer of Live, will have a concert here this Saturday, April 28, with the band, Vertical Horizon. This will, ...
-
Tony Award winner Idina Menzel has one top 10 hit in the US. 2014 - Let It Go (#5)
-
The rapper Wale has one hit in My Weekly Top 10 countdown. 2017 - Colombia Heights (with J. Balvin) (#6) Here's the video of the so...
-
Oh my God!! This is my most favorite video this year simply because of its message of tolerance. Thanks Marsha for spreading this message...
-
This video was taken in one of Jann Arden's concerts in Canada and it shows her fantastic sense of humor and her ability to self-deprec...
-
After a seven year absence from the UK Top 10 , reggae dance hall performer, Sean Paul returns with She Doesn't Mind , his e...
-
Luke Mejares has one top 10 hit in my OPM countdown. 2014 - Strange Flower (with True Faith, Carlo Magno, Ryan Armamento) (#5)
-
Well, just something for you to drool on while you're sucking on that lollipop. Even in his 30's, Joey McInt...
-
It's the season of love once again and lovebirds and people in love of all ages will again be flocking to the different concert venu...
-
Thanks to Body Jam 73, the American-Canadian DJ duo of Duck Sauce gets their second #1 song in my personal countdown, as NRG, moves to ...
Wednesday, December 29, 2010
Concert Review: Sherwin Marquez at The Library
Sherwin Marquez had his first ever concert tonight at the popular Malate nightspot, The Library. He did a short guest stint in our Christmas party earlier this month, so we decided to check him out again - this being his maiden show and all. And, I admit, I was really surprised with what I saw.
I actually thought he'd just do an acoustic set, or just be accompanied by a music one CD. But no, he really mounted a full show! There was a band and he had a musical director, who helped him arrange the songs he picked for tonight. He also had back up dancers for both his fast and slow songs. And - he had several artists who guested with him, like Dagtang Lason, Edgar Allan Guzman, DTM and Shu.
I was also surprised by his repertoire! He picked mostly OPM songs, both ballads and fast songs. It's really cool that he did do that! I especially liked his final set - the Basil Valdez montage, but I'm not sure if I heard him include Tuwing Umuulan at Kapiling Ka in it. Vic recognized some of the OPM songs, but for me, since my OPM IQ is very poor - I could only identify the classics.
Well, Sherwin appeared relaxed throughout the show and he was actually very grateful for all the support and singled out people who helped him achieve his dream. He even recounted his personal experience with the Pinoy Idol competition. Well, as they say, if you work hard enough for your dream - you will most likely, get it!
We are now planning to invite Sherwin to perform during my birthday concert fashion show on February - nothing final yet, as we have to talk to the people managing him - but I do hope he says yes. We'll be discussing his repertoire though, to suit the much younger crowd I expect to be in that show.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment