Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Concert Review: Sherwin Marquez at The Library



Sherwin Marquez had his first ever concert tonight at the popular Malate nightspot, The Library. He did a short guest stint in our Christmas party earlier this month, so we decided to check him out again - this being his maiden show and all. And, I admit, I was really surprised with what I saw.

I actually thought he'd just do an acoustic set, or just be accompanied by a music one CD. But no, he really mounted a full show! There was a band and he had a musical director, who helped him arrange the songs he picked for tonight. He also had back up dancers for both his fast and slow songs. And - he had several artists who guested with him, like Dagtang Lason, Edgar Allan Guzman, DTM and Shu.

I was also surprised by his repertoire! He picked mostly OPM songs, both ballads and fast songs. It's really cool that he did do that! I especially liked his final set - the Basil Valdez montage, but I'm not sure if I heard him include Tuwing Umuulan at Kapiling Ka in it. Vic recognized some of the OPM songs, but for me, since my OPM IQ is very poor - I could only identify the classics.

Well, Sherwin appeared relaxed throughout the show and he was actually very grateful for all the support and singled out people who helped him achieve his dream. He even recounted his personal experience with the Pinoy Idol competition. Well, as they say, if you work hard enough for your dream - you will most likely, get it!

We are now planning to invite Sherwin to perform during my birthday concert fashion show on February - nothing final yet, as we have to talk to the people managing him - but I do hope he says yes. We'll be discussing his repertoire though, to suit the much younger crowd I expect to be in that show.

No comments:

Post a Comment