Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Remembering Britney Spears 'In The Zone'



This was the album where Britney gets to duet with Madonna. The prospect was really exciting but the end product was not so good - at least for me. It's not exactly one of my favorite songs from both artists.  Anyhow, this is also the album that contains that Grammy-winning song, Toxic (for Best Dance Song) - and deservedly so!

Anyhow, I remember that I didn't quite spin this album during its heyday but now that I'm playing it, I think Britney did everything here to a T.  This is definitely her sound, while adding some hip hop influences with her collaboration with the Ying Yang Twins.

One of my other favorite songs from this album, aside from Toxic, is Brave New Girl, which was not released as a single.  I like it's beat and the cute way Britney sings it.  It's Autotuned though!  It would've been a good follow up to Toxic.  I think she released Everytime, which is a wonderful ballad but I don't think it charted well.

All in all, I regret not having played this album much.  It shows Britney during her bright sunny days part of her career. 

No comments:

Post a Comment