Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Diana Krall Covers Joni Mitchell's 'A Case of You'



It's the night before Christmas Eve, and I decide to put in a DVD of Diana Krall's Paris concert which I last saw years ago. I decide to play her concert since today, when Vic and I were browsing the Bose speakers, one of their clips featured one of the songs in this concert - "East of the Sun, West of the Moon". I just had to see the whole thing again! And voila, this gem of a cover was Diana's final encore - and she does it with such sublime passion (an oxymoron!) it brought tears to my eyes. Of course, the video above is different from the Paris concert, which was more affecting since it was a real live audience. "I can drink a case of you darling, and still be on my feet, I'd still be on my feet." Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment