Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Di Lang Ikaw by Juris - My #3 Favorite OPM Song in 2010



My highest ranked ballad this year - and deservedly so, a hauntingly beautiful song from one of the local acoustic queens, Juris. Her CD was one of the first beneficiaries of my efforts to really give OPM a listen earlier this year. At that time, it was her song, I Don't Want To Fall, which was playing on the airwaves. However, it's this heartache of a ballad that really moved me. I just love the way she sings it, its lyrics and its arrangement. Interestingly though, her album has a lot of very good pop songs and I usually play her album when I drive since I can sing along to many of its songs.

This song was also used in a local TV series, that's why it also surged in popularity.

No comments:

Post a Comment