Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Thursday, April 26, 2012

My Five Favorite Songs from Jason Derulo's Future History


When Jason Derulo visited Manila a few years back, I was there in that mall tour!  He has always been one of the more innovative and prolific songwriters of his generation so I was a bit excited to hear what he had in store for us in his second album.  It is a very melodic album and like his first album, Jason uses samples of famous songs in some of the material here and you can see that he instinctively uses the music to shore up his own ideas instead of just blatantly copying the melody of the sampled song.  Incidentally, I do not like his first single, Don't Wanna Go Home, although it did hit #1 in the UK.

Here are my five favorite songs from his Future History album -

1.  It Girl - This is my most favorite song from his album.  It reached #17 in the US and #4 in the UK. It also reached the Top 10 in Australia, Ireland and New Zealand.

2.  Make It Up As We Go - If I were in his record album, this would've been my choice for his second single.  He sounds like a real hip hop artist here!  However, this was never released as a single.

3.  Breathing - Another great dance song from Jason where he incorporates a little bit of Latin flava.  The song has reached the Top 10 in Australia, Canada and Switzerland.

4.  Pick Up the Pieces - This song was never released as a single, although I feel it had the potential.  It's my top ballad pick for this album.  I love the chorus and how Jason sings it!  "I miss you I mean it!"

5.  Fight For You -  This song samples the Toto hit, Africa, which Jason uses quite cleverly here!  This was the fourth Top 10 hit he had in Australia - all from this specific album. 
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment