Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Songs That Best Describe My Career: John Mayer - Bigger Than My Body




I came across this question from the Philippine Star where the columnist asked her respondents this question, "What song best describes your career?" and it being a unique question I decided to answer it on my own.  However, instead of coming out with just one song, I came across three songs that I like very much which mirrors exactly how I decided to map out my career.

One of the songs is from John Mayer, entitled "Bigger Than My Body". Basically the song talks about pushing yourself to the limits. When I first heard the song, after I bought this particular CD of John Mayer's, I was able to identify quite quickly with the song.

I love this song because most people tend to just box you into something when the reality is, we are usually bigger than our bodies, or we can bigger than we ever want ourselves to be.  He sings, "Someday I’ll soar/Someday I’ll be so damn much more/ ‘Cause I’m bigger than my body gives me credit for."
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment