In 2008, this song by Sohne Mannheim, Das Hat Die Welt Noch Nicht Gesehen, becomes the second song in German to top My Weekly Top 10 Favorite Songs list. Way back in 1984, Nena's 99 Luftballons became the first German song to do just that. I discovered this song through the Billboard European charts which I check every week. Once in a while, there is a song that I like. This song was one of them. It went on to become my #1 favorite song for the year 2008. Isabelle Boulay's Je T'oublerai was at #2 that year, the first time the top two spots were held by two non-English songs.
Nuffnang Leaderboard
Looking For An Artist?
Popular Posts This Week
-
OneRepublic gets their twelfth top 10 hit in my personal countdown this week, as If I Lose Myself debuts at #4. This was the band's...
-
What's a Boyzone concert without a tribute to Stephen Gately, whose sudden death in 2009 shook the pop world! There were eve...
-
The Irish boy band, Boyzone has three top 10 hits in my personal countdown. One of them went all the way to #1. 1994 - Love Me For A ...
-
Celine Dion gets her 47th top 10 hit in my personal countdown this week. She also has 22 #1 songs in my personal countdown. 1990 - (I...
-
I was actually one of those who were very surprised to learn that all the tickets to her show were already sold out. And I found...
-
Led Zeppelin gets their thirteenth top 10 album in the US this week, as Celebration Day debuts at #9. It also extends the band's ...
-
It was a double treat for rock fans last night as Evanescence and Bush played solid...
-
This is the second Westlife show I've seen, the first one being in HK five years ago. However, my friend, Jennifer has seen them...
-
The Canadian rock band Three Days Grace gets their third top 10 album in the US this wee, as Transit of Venus, debuts at #5. 2006 - One...
-
Christina Aguilera gets her sixth top 10 album in the US this week, as Lotus debuts at #7. 1999 - Christina Aguilera (#1) 2002 - St...
Friday, April 20, 2012
Songs in a Foreign Language that have hit #1: Sohne Mannheim - Das Hat Die Welt Noch Nicht Gesehen
In 2008, this song by Sohne Mannheim, Das Hat Die Welt Noch Nicht Gesehen, becomes the second song in German to top My Weekly Top 10 Favorite Songs list. Way back in 1984, Nena's 99 Luftballons became the first German song to do just that. I discovered this song through the Billboard European charts which I check every week. Once in a while, there is a song that I like. This song was one of them. It went on to become my #1 favorite song for the year 2008. Isabelle Boulay's Je T'oublerai was at #2 that year, the first time the top two spots were held by two non-English songs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment