Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Friday, April 20, 2012

Songs in a Foreign Language that have hit #1: Sohne Mannheim - Das Hat Die Welt Noch Nicht Gesehen




In 2008, this song by Sohne Mannheim, Das Hat Die Welt Noch Nicht Gesehen, becomes the second song in German to top My Weekly Top 10 Favorite Songs list.  Way back in 1984, Nena's 99 Luftballons became the first German song to do just that.  I discovered this song through the Billboard European charts which I check every week.  Once in a while, there is a song that I like.  This song was one of them.   It went on to become my #1 favorite song for the year 2008.  Isabelle Boulay's Je T'oublerai was at #2 that year, the first time the top two spots were held by two non-English songs.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment