Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Songs That Best Describe My Career: Switchfoot - This is Your Life




I came across this question from the Philippine Star where the columnist asked her respondents this question, "What song best describes your career?" and it being a unique question I decided to answer it on my own.  However, instead of coming out with just one song, I came across three songs that I like very much which mirrors exactly how I decided to map out my career.

The third and final song comes from one of my favorite bands, Switchfoot.  In this song, they ask you the question,  “This is your life, are you who you want to be!“.  Exactly the question I answered when I was in my 20s.  I didn't want to be caught in the rat race which you see everyday in EDSA.  I had an idea about who I wanted to be and joining that exhausting traffic jam and having a boss were definitely not high on my list. So even when I was younger, I always tried to push myself in the direction that I wanted to be, even if it did not click with what Mama felt at that time.  As the song says, “Yesterday is a /wrinkle on your forehead/Yesterday is a promise that you’ve broken/Don’tclose your eyes, don’t close your eyes/This is your life and today is all you’ve got now/Yeah, and today is all you’ll ever have
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment